“Plan the work and work the plan” … an age-old adage to promote success. Having a clearly defined game plan for your job campaign is critical for success, as it is for any endeavor.
We will develop a plan that includes market segmentation, dynamic methodologies, productivity goals, interview strategies and more. We also create strategies for handling the hard questions about age, industry experience, over qualified/under qualified and so on.
We will work with you individually to create a Marketing Action Plan that will help ensure that the foundation for your search is properly set … you will know exactly what to do and how to do it.
The Marketing Action Plan (“MAP”) process involves two, one-hour meetings and our preparation of a written plan. Areas covered include:
- development of your specific campaign strategy – “go wide,” “go narrow,” or other approach
- identification of your Buyer Profile – who are you trying to reach and how can you communicate with them in a way that resonates and produces interviews
- creation of your 30-second introduction’s key points, or your Brand Strategy
- establishing targeted geographic location, company size and industry parameters
- identification of potential target companies
- definition of your specific job function, title, level of responsibility and salary range
- creation of a model for your social networking profile
- creation of a “pitch” to use when you are calling employers to follow-up on your resume
- identification of informational sources to keep you informed about your industry/company targets
- applications for “warm networking” strategy including a networking letter template
- application of an “events” strategy for creating a job before the position goes “public”
- strategies for overcoming the “red flags” or concerns that a reasonably intelligent interviewer will have in regard to your candidacy, such as
- lack of industry experience
- lack of new job function experience
- over- or under- qualified
- too specialized in career or training
- determination of whether our contact distribution resources would be appropriate for you.
- creation of output goals based on the amount of time you can devote to the campaign.
Total Time: 3.5 hours
In these meetings, we make sure the basic foundation for your campaign is properly set; you will have a written plan describing exactly what you are supposed to do and exactly how you are supposed to do it; just follow the MAP to your career destination.