“There is one quality which one must possess to win, and that is definiteness of purpose, the knowledge of what one wants, and a burning desire to possess it.”
Do you love what you do for a living?
Do you look forward to going to work every day or do you grudgingly show up in order to pay the bills? Do you work past quitting time because it’s expected or because you’re “into it” and lost track of time?
Believe it or not, many lawyers and executives know their calling in life, their true purpose, and live “on purpose.”
Are you one of them?
Take this True or False Self-Scoring Quiz to determine whether you are operating from a place of purpose, and are doing the work that you area meant to do. .
- When I get up in the morning I look forward to going to work ___True ___False
- I love the work I do — any external reward I receive I consider “the icing on the cake.” ___True ___False
- My work makes me feel rewarded and fulfilled rather than drained and exhausted. ___True ___False
- When I have spare time I participate in activities that I’m passionate about, and those activities reflect my purpose. ___True ___False
- I know what my greatest talents and strengths are, and I apply those attributes to my work in some capacity every day. ___True ___False
- I know I’m living my true purpose when others notice and compliment me on my abilities. ___True ___False
- My professional life reflects and is in alignment with my core values. ___True ___False
- I consistently base my decisions on my beliefs, not on the expectations of others, and, overall, I’m happy with the outcomes. ___True ___False
- If money were not an issue I wouldn’t change much of what I do and how I do it. ___True ___False
- My work environment is supportive of my personality and talents and allows me to not only show up as my true self, but to perform at my optimal level. ___True ___False
- When my work environment fails to provide me with opportunities to utilize my unique abilities, I look to make a positive change ___True ___False
- The good (and great days) at work far outweigh the occasional “bad” days. ___True ___False
- My work is enjoyable and often feels like play ___True ___False
- By fulfilling my own dreams and desires, I am making a positive contribution to the world as a whole. ___True ___False
- Determining one’s life purpose can take a long time, but I’m confident that, even when I question what my purpose is, I know that I have one. ___True ___False
If you answered “false” to many of these, you may benefit from discovering how to find a career you can enjoy, one that is fulfilling, meaningful and allows you to live a life On Purpose. Living a purposeful life is as much about how things are done (with passion and focus for example) as it is about what is done.
It’s also a great way to feel fulfilled regardless of the “job” you may find yourself in.
If your work life lacks meaningfulness and purpose, there is a way out. Call us today.
Author’s content used under license, © Claire Communications