We are Recruiting for a Recruiting Company!
Legal Recruiter Needed for Major, Lindsey & Africa
Although we do recruiting ourselves, we also maintain very close relationships with some of the country’s finest recruiting organizations. We have been asked by our friend and colleague at one of the best them, Elizabeth Long of Major Lindsey Africa, to help her find one or two business-oriented lawyers who would like to become MLA legal recruiters in New York. We are happy to oblige. If you are interested, please email your resume and a cover letter to Jobs@CareerStrategiesGroup.com. Here is the job description she has provided to us.
Major, Lindsey & Africa has legal recruiting offices in more than 20 major markets across the United States, EMEA and Asia Pacific. We provide in-depth market insights on a global scale that deliver superior results for clients and candidates. We have an immediate opening in our New York office for an In-House Search Consultant to focus on retained attorney search activities and business development for our corporate clients. Ideal candidates will be experienced search consultants and/or practicing attorneys with a compelling existing network.
- Manage active searches for existing and new clients, including:
o Consult to clients on their needs and compensation;
o Develop search/candidate criteria and perform research utilizing various proprietary, legal and internet sources, to identify qualified candidates; o Initiate contact with targeted candidates
o Screen and interview qualified candidates; Assess and make recommendations to clients regarding hard and soft skills presented by qualified candidates.
- Develop new client relationships through targeted business development efforts, including cold calling decision makers at relevant employers, targeting legal team management and the C-suite;
- Cultivate existing relationships through consultative information sharing.
- Conduct and disseminate market research to identify industry trends, best hiring practices, and potential client accounts.
- Consult with clients on the myriad issues that corporate legal departments face, skillfully conducting meetings to diagnose their situation, and make recommendations as to the value our services may add.
- Negotiate fee agreements for a retained search firm.
- JD degree with top credentials are required.
- 5 to 10+ years’ experience working in a large law firm, in-house law department, and/or executive or legal recruiting firm, ideally in the local legal market.
- Ability to initiate and develop new client business.
- Stellar communication skills; MLA has a high-standards culture that requires accurate and fluent oral and written communications.
- Excellent research experience and skills.
- Positivity, hustle, drive, and a “can-do” attitude are crucial. Recruiters are expected to project a positive outlook when tasked with daunting challenges.
- Proven project management experience and strong organizational abilities.
- Able to present a confident demeanor, a broad perspective and have the ability to listen. Willingness to reach out to prospects via both cold and warm calling. High energy; able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Entrepreneurial, risk-positive spirit.
- Extraordinary dedication to client service.
- Strong team orientation; interested in being surrounded by and being a supportive colleague.
- Palpable interest in receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Sense of humor.
About the Company:
- MLA has a culture of hard-working, smart, collaborative, and driven colleagues, who enjoy continued personal and professional growth.
- We provide an excellent support platform that includes new recruiter training and mentoring to learn the business, robust candidate and client databases, access to for-fee market research tools, administrative support, and established and proven policies and processes.
- MLA is focused on continued learning and development and provides access to an online training database, plus scheduled onsite training sessions across offices and practice groups.
- We have a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion, internally at MLA and with our clients. MLA has a Diversity Council and Employee Resource Groups available to all employees.
- Our compensation structure allows unlimited upside potential in commission earning, plus financial support in the form of a base salary and full benefit package.